February 18 - April 23, 2017
digiPlaySpace is an award-winning interactive exhibition where students engage with new-media technologies, learning-centric games and hands-on activities. Featuring new works from internationally acclaimed children’s artists, digiPlaySpace supports diverse learning styles, and boosts new media literacy skills in support of the science, social studies, math, and language arts curricula.
School tours are one hour in length during the TIFF Kids International Film Festival but can be booked for two hours during February and March.
We are now accepting bookings for Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from February 22 through April 6, 2017 and for the TIFF Kids International Film Festival from April 10-13 and 18-21, 2017.
$9 per person for one-hour tour
$15 per person for two-hour visit or digiPlaySpace and film combo.
See what's screening in our Spring Forward Film Programme!
One complimentary supervisor ticket is provided for every 10 paid student tickets. Should the number of supervisor tickets required be in excess of this 1:10 ratio, the additional supervisor tickets will be charged at the student price. digiPlaySpace is designed for Kindergarten to Grade 8 students; however, specialized tours are also available for high school groups that wish to know more about the technology involved in the creation of each installation.
To book, phone us 416-599-TIFF or 1-888-599-8433 (Press 2 for school bookings) OR email us at email@example.com. See our booking policies.
1. A reservation confirmation form must be completed and returned to TIFF by the teacher who has booked the event. If the completed form has not been returned by the specified date, TIFF reserves the right to release the reservation.
2. A deposit of 50% of the estimated total will be required to hold all bookings. Deposits can be made by cheque or credit card. Cheques should be mailed to the attention of Youth Learning. To arrange for payment of deposit with a credit card, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If the deposit has not been received by the specified date, TIFF reserves the right to release the reservation.
3. In the event of cancellation, TIFF must receive written notice no less than 20 school days before the scheduled visit the deposit will be forfeited and non-refundable. Bookings made less than 20 school days before the date of the visit are considered confirmed at the time of booking. Cancellation due to severely inclement weather or force majeure is exempt.
4. TIFF recognizes that class attendance will fluctuate. The final fee will be calculated based on the total number of students present or 50% of the original estimated total (as indicated on the confirmation form), whichever is greater. Payment is due in full before the start of each workshop, screening, or tour.
5. If a class arrives more than 15 minutes late for a scheduled programme, TIFF reserves the right to make alterations to scheduled programming in order to accommodate the change in schedule.
Interact with a mini universe and see how each celestial body reacts to your interactions across 28 screens.
Visit outer space by superimposing yourself into these five wacky science-fiction animations by award-winning artist John Martz.
Travel to Canada’s National Parks, National Historic Sites and National Marine Conservation Areas through the magic of green- screen technology! Parcourez les parcs nationaux du Canada, ses sites historiques et ses aires marines nationales de conservation grâce à la magie de l'écran vert!
A nocturnal group of singing bugs is interrupted by a flashlight beam...and a very hungry frog.
Get hands-on with robotics, coding, and creative circuits from celebrated Canadian and international makers, artists, and creative technologists.
Dive into open source code to make complex behaviours! Little Robot Friends help kids explore interactivity and programming with easy-to-use, playful interfaces.
New Dexterity open-source robot hands from OpenBionics help people restore their lost dexterity!